Plymouth University Careers & Employability Service
Welcome to the Plymouth University Careers and Employability Jobs Board.
This system will allow you to advertise your vacancies to current students and recent graduates of Plymouth University. You can promote your vacancies free of charge to all Plymouth University students and graduates.
All you have to do is register, create an employer profile and upload a vacancy. The types of vacancies you are able to advertise through this service include:
- Graduate jobs and schemes (for final year students and recent graduates)
- Casual, temporary, fixed-term or part-time roles (for current students)
- Short-term summer internships / placements (for current students)
Placements and Work Based Learning Opportunities
All Placements and Work Based Learning opportunities (also commonly referred to as a: sandwich year, year in industry, work placement) are managed and advertised by our dedicated Placements Team. Please send any opportunities you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 586 027. If you have any queries then please get in touch, our team will be very happy to assist you.
Rights to Refuse
The Plymouth University Jobs Board team reserves the right to refuse to advertise any vacancy that is not in the best interest of our students and graduates. These instances include:
- Companies that do not include full contact details or do not have a company website
- Opportunities based in a private residential address unless offered by a registered agency
- Opportunities which require students to work in their own home
- Opportunities that pay below the adult national minimum/living wage *
- Unpaid, commission only or cash in hand payments
- Opportunities that require an individual to be self-employed or freelance
- Opportunities which require students or graduates to make any upfront payment
* Whilst it is acceptable to advertise salary as "competitive" we have a duty of care to ensure all vacancies meets or exceeds National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage - if you do not wish to publish the actual salary please can you add in brackets (Meets or exceeds NMW/NLW) to confirm that your opportunity complies with Legislation
Guidance for Recruitment Agencies
Plymouth University only accepts adverts from recruitment agencies where the full job description, job title and client name will be made viewable to applicants. This enables us to provide a reputable and quality service to our students and graduates. If you wish to advertise on behalf of a third party, please note:
- The vacancy must be posted using the final employer’s (client’s) name
- We will only advertise specific/individual vacancies, not open ended opportunities
- We will only advertise opportunities that we feel appropriate to our students/graduates
- We will not advertise any opportunities that contravene Equal Opportunities, Employment Law or any other UK legislation
The Careers and Employability Service accepts job vacancy from employers in good faith. Employers submitting job vacancies are required to take responsibility to advertise details in accordance with employment legislation. We reserve the right to be selective and refuse publication of vacancies that do not comply with employment legislation or we deem unsuitable for our students. The employer shall independently satisfy themselves as to the suitability of any employee and shall be responsible for taking up any references and appropriate checks for the applicant should they so wish before engaging the student or graduate.